What is Indy Racers?
Indy Racers is the Indy Runners Grand Prix Challenge. Indy Racers is for runners and walkers of any ability who like to attend local races in the Indianapolis area, compete, stay in shape and have fun. Time restrictions do not exist with the Indy Racers, but a committed attitude in attending many of the races posted in the 2017 schedule is required....and the ability to have a great time!
How do I get involved?
1. Become a member of Indy Runners. Please visit the Indy Racers page at www.indyrunners.org to learn more.
2. Register and race! On race day, be sure to stop by the Indy Runners tent before and after the race to meet up with your fellow Indy Racers.
3. Once you have participated in three of our 2017 Indy Racers Events, you have earned your jersey.
4. Email team captain Dan Hay (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let him know which three races you ran, your jersey size, and your mailing address.
5. Sport your new Indy Racers team jersey with pride!
6. Check the Indy Racers Grand Prix results after each race. Compete with your running friends and have fun!
Grand Prix Program Returns for 2017!
Points are earned January 1st through Thanksgiving weekend by running in Indy Racers events (see schedule below). All official race distances finished at the events on the schedule count toward the overall miles raced. After each race, the Indy Racers scoring committee will verify and publish standings for members. Award categories are most miles raced, fastest times, and most improved. All Indy Runners members are automatically entered in the Grand Prix program. Awards are presented at the end of the year party each December.
Note: In order to award more runners and make the awards more interesting, there is only one award per person. The awards below are listed in priority order.
Prizes are awarded for:
• Most miles raced at Indy Racers events (male and female)
• Fastest marathon (male and female)
• Fastest half marathon (male and female)
• Fastest 5K (male and female)
• Fastest mile (male and female)
• Most improved marathon (male and female)
• Most improved half marathon (male and female)
Indy Racers Email List
There is a special email list associated with Indy Racers. It includes information about upcoming Indy Racers events that may not always be found on this website. To join Indy Runners email lists, enter your email address below:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions.
Who should I contact?
If you are interested in joining or still have questions regarding Indy Racers, please contact team captain Dan Hay.
2017 Indy Racers Schedule
||January 1, 2017
||6.55 miles, 4 miles
||February 5, 2017
||February 18, 2017
||5 miles, 5k, both
|Sam Costa Half Marathon and Quarter Marathon
||March 25, 2017
||13.1 miles, 6.55 miles
|Carmel Marathon Weekend
||April 22, 2017
||26.2 miles, 13.1 miles, 8k, 5k
|OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon
||May 6, 2017
||13.1 miles, 5k
|Geist Half Marathon
||May 20, 2017
||13.1 miles, 10k, 5k
||June 1, 2017
||July 4, 2017
||6 miles, 6k
|Eagle Creek Trail Marathon
||July 29, 2017
||26.2 miles, 13.1 miles, 6.55 milles
|Indianapolis Half Marathon
||October 7, 2017
||13.1 miles, 5k
|CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Marathon
||November 4, 2017
||26.2 miles, 13.1 miles, 5k
||November 23, 2017
||2.75 miles, 4.5 miles