What is Indy Runners?
Indy Runners is a volunteer, not-for-profit club that serves to promote running and walking as a healthy life-style activity and as a competitive sport. The club serves to meet the member needs by creating opportunities for group runs/walks, social functions, volunteer leadership, organized races, fitness education and communication between members. Indy Runners is a member of the Road Runners Club of America and has been around since 1978!
Indy Runners provides opportunities for beginning runners, walkers, and seasoned racers looking for group speed workouts. Indy Runners can help you achieve your goals whether you are looking to drop a few pounds or go for a "PR".
Our club is your club, as we try to offer a "place for every pace". Club activities are a great way to meet people who share a similar healthy interest in fitness.
Who are Indy Runners?
Over 900 runners, walkers, biathletes and tri-athletes of differing age, ability and background participate throughout the year in club sponsored events and activities.
Club Events and Races
- Spring Half Marathon Training Program
- Discounts at local athletic stores
- Club runs and walks
- Volunteer opportunities and local track meets & fund raising events
- Road Runners Club of America membership
- Social activities such as pizza parties
- Group caravans to races
- Club entries in relay races
- Informal gatherings and holiday parties
- Indy Racers club racing team for runners and walkers (all abilities welcome)